Whole Wheat Pasta

Have you ever tried whole wheat pasta? its pretty good. not much of a difference to regular pasta. you can eat with sauce & cheese, butter & cheese... oh and salt, who else here loves salt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• we love whole wheat pasta!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 3:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Whole wheat pasta is what I always buy now.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• We have been doing only whole wheat for years. My daughter came home from school one day and was complaining that they had spaghetti for lunch. I questioned why the complaints because she loves pasta. She said "They use that gross spaghetti, the white stuff!"
    obrn4u

Answer by obrn4u at 12:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• We've used it and liked it a lot, but since our ped asked that we reduce gluten to control our son's Asperger's symptoms, we've gone to brown rice pasta. There's a really good brand with an Indian name that I can never remember...the logo has a bunny.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I use whole wheat pasta and brown rice. We started using it when my son went on a rice and bean diet. He gets 1 cup of either and 1/2 cup vegetables for lunch and supper, 1 cup grits or yogurt for breakfast and 3 cups of fresh fruit every day. Combine that with walking 3 miles a day and he loses 10 pounds a week.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Other than the occasional box of Annie's, I haven't bought white pasta in at least ten years. We use it the same way we would use any other pasta. I buy brown rice pastas, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• gdiamante- you may know about this blog or may not crockpot cook but it is 365 days of slow cooking.Her daughter only eats gluten free,so all recipes are gluten free. We don't have that need but I like her comments and adjust.So far my kids like her food.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• we only buy whole wheat pasta and we like it! I dont salt any of my cooking execpt some baking and my gravies! lol
    ladyvamp5489

Answer by ladyvamp5489 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Whole wheat pasta is disgusting.....it is so grainy, Yuck!
    Anonymous

• I rarely buy white pasta. I buy the whole wheat or whole grain and it isn't that bad, especially when there is sauce of some kind on it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2009