Will my baby girl ever sleep normally again?

Since birth I have worked on my daughter being able to sleep on her own but I occasionally sleep with her. She is now 6 months and teething and she seems to be waking up every hour in the night. She use to only wake up twice in the night to nurse then go back to sleep. The past couple of nights I have just been exhausted and gave in to letting her sleep with me. I like to sleep with her but my concern is that she will never sleep in her crib again. Any other moms have issues like this?

HReyna

Asked by HReyna at 12:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies like to sleep with their mothers. That's the way it's supposed to be. She won't always be sleeping with you. Why are you concerned if your baby sleeps with you for a few months out of your life?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Normal for an infant is a constantly changing sleep pattern. Yes she'll change it again and sleep longer. But she IS sleeping normally right now.

Mine never slept in his crib till eight months!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think it might be hard to get her to sleep in her crib again (b/c she is getting used to sleeping with you) but its up to you. If you want or dont mind her sleeping with you than keep doing it. IF you dont want her to sleep with you IMO i would stop it now. Before she gets too used to it and wants it all the time.
    Newmom11309

Answer by Newmom11309 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2009