death in the family...

I have been seeing a great guy for 3 months. I am pretty close with his family and have been to a few family events.
His brother was in a tragic accident and unfortunitly DIDNT make it. I dont know what to say or do. I feel so useless. All I can do is be there for him and listen. Do I go to the calling hours and funeral??? I hate funerals and actually REALLy dread them. I am close to the family but not like super close yet or whatever. I dont want to be in the way. PLEASE HELP ME OUT ASAP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• you wont be in the way just be there for your friend he prob needs you right now you dont have to say anything eaither just be there.....it is a hard thing to do but i have been there before same kind of senerio and it will be ok
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 2:33 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• You need to go to the funeral. That's all you can do is support them and be there if they need you. Sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• thanks. Its still really hsrd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• my dh lost his brother two years ago in a motorcycle accident and left behind 4 kids we deal with it every day and i had to be at the funeral also it was very hard and upsetting....if u need to talk u can pm me i know what u r going threw
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 2:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• YOU NEED TO GO IF YOU DO NOTHING BUT SIT IN THE KITCHEN YOU GOTTA GO
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• You should be there for him right now. If going to the funeral is something you'd really rather not do, volunteer to stay at the house and watch the children or receive guests!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2009