My 13 year old DD is having a halloween party and inviting both boys and girls. Her friends and her want to play spin the bottle...

We played that game at this age and it was all in fun. I am happy that she trusted me enough to tell me. I would rather have her do it in my house while I'm home then going behind my back and doing it somewhere else so I'm conflicted. Should I let them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• NOT during FLU Season especially with Swine Flu out there. This is not the year for it. Maybe next year

Answer by admckenzie at 8:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Sure ....but only kisses on the cheek!
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 2:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• spin the bottle is a hell of alot better than 7 mins in heaven!
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 2:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i agree but just bc she comes to u and tells u this does that mean if she comes to u and says hey mom i want to do drugs ....u will let her as long as it is with u?
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 2:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• how would the other childrens parents feel? i know if it was me i would be pissed they r 13 no need to be kissing i dont care if it is on the cheek or not i would not like it sorry not trying to bash just stating how i would feel
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 2:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think it is great that she could tell you. I would however discuss with her about how far she should let the game go. In our day it was a kiss on the cheek...now who knows what kids are doing. Better safe than sorry. I would make it clear to her that kissing is ok, but anything else is not ok.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• A kiss on the cheek is a far cry from doing drugs! don't be so dramatic! LOL
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 3:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Not to sound mean or rude at all but i guess when your a first time mom something like spin the bottle might seem a little scary.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 3:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• no i have taken care of kids for a while now and think about it how many teens are coming up prego and hurting other kids and doing drugs???? maybe you guys are to easy going about it and dont care if your kids grow up prego at 15. just my opinion.....
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• agreed FLOWER! lol.
    If she freaks about this, her DD may not come to her with more important things later. Freaking out about STB, and treating it like something awful will only make your kid hide things from you and feel they cant tell you anything. My dad was like that. I rebeled someting awful and felt I couldnt tell him anything! Our relationship was horrible (still is) because of the lack of trust and communication, as well as feeling smothered by overprotectiveness. (no mom in the pic, just dad )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2009