Hot baths and pregnancy

Okay so I was just soaking in the tub.....it felt so good I havent done it in such a log time

Well I kept adding in new hot water, you know when your body gets used to the temp it seems a little cool? Well I didnt realize how hot I had made it until my hubby said something about the steam comming off of me as I got out of the tub.

Okay Im pretty sure the water was too hot....Whats the dangers of me having the water too hot. also I got out in like 2-3 minutes after the water got that hot and just soaked my feet.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The issue with hot baths is the possibility of raising your body temperature. If it goes above 102 degrees baby can start to be harmed. Just watch your temp. I take hot baths too and if I feel like my heart is beating too hard I will run some cold water in to cool off my feet and bring my temp down. Mostly avoid hot tubs and such which stay at a temp of 101-102. You can read about it in Jenny McCarthy's pregnancy book. She has a chapter in it called...Holy S@#$, I hard boiled my baby. It cracked me up.
    jdelain79

Answer by jdelain79 at 3:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i took way hot baths when i was prego and it didnt do anything to me so im not sure
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• If you're not in long, it's usually not a problem. The problem comes from raising your body temp too high. So you have to be in a little while for that. I always say rather safe than sorry with this one, and don't take hot baths, but you're most likely ok.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i took wayyyy hot baths as well my entire pregnancy and i was completely fine just let yourself over heat, youll know if you are... sweating panting etc.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I love my baths very hot. I have not taken a bath since the moment I found out I was prego. The reason for this is because I knew a girl when I was little who had a temperature so high that it fried her brain. If you take a bath that is too hot it's not you that I'd be concerned about. It would be your baby because you can literally boil him/her. I refuse to even take that chance. I replace a hot bath with a nice steaming shower. I know it's not the same, but it keeps my baby safe. Btw, the girl whose brain got fried at an early age, died before she turned 16.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 4:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2009