SERIOUSLY.. im THIS close to stopping breastfeeding with my daughter!!!!

i dont know if its because of her top teeth that are in or what, but it HURTS everytime she feeds on either boob.

its just the nipple that hurts to clogged milk duct or anything, but my nipple...

every time i feed her it crosses my mind about stopping.
i dont want to i love the bond but the pain hurts.
its not like she is playing around and bites down, its just non stop pain wihle she is eating..

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried a different postion? I would hate to see you stop if it is something you can prevent.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 3:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• when it got really painful for me i went to target (babiesrus has them too) and got
    http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/tips-and-solutions/112/nipple-shields helped sooooo much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• yeah, ive been doing the same position for 8 months now and there has been no pain. ill relatch her and nothing changes....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i was actually given one when i had my shower and i never used it but i tried and she wouldnt latch on to it.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• MomNbabyGirl009
    i was actually given one when i had my shower and i never used it but i tried and she wouldnt latch on to it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aww darn. That thing was such a liversaver for me with my last 2 kids. I was in tears all the time before the pedi handed me that wonderful thing. lol

Hope everything gets better (hug)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My biggest advice is just take this day by day. Just breastfeed for today, don't worry about the one year goal or six months or whatever. Just today.

My second biggest piece: go to a lactation consultant. She will help you so much!

Two awesome websites to check out: kellymom.com and llli.org.

Hope that helps!
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 7:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• did you try the lanolin? that always helps me
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Are they cracked? I agree try lanolin and if it is cracked you can use neosporine but you must wash it off before each feeding! Reapply after.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• http://www.llli.org/FAQ/teeth.html Have you checked out this article? It should be able to help you get over this hurdle. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

My other thought would be thrush if it has nothing to do with the teeth.  Kellymom.com has a slew of thrush resources.

Good Luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Keep trying if you're up to it. HOWEVER, if you DO want to stop, don't let anyone make you feel guilty for it. I stopped nursing my daughter at almost 9 months, b/c she bit me twice and drew blood both times....it was better for me to stop than to remember it as a negative experience....you won't lose your bond with her. You're her mommy :) BTW, I continued to pump for the next 4-5 months. Good luck and you do what YOU feel is best.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2009