Sealed records and LOST identity? Why aren't 'they' accountable???

Quote: 'More than three decades after Ryba and Butler gave up their baby son to Catholic Charities of Trenton, N.J., for adoption, and four years after the agency facilitated their "reunion" with Bloete, genetic testing revealed last year that none of them are related.'

read this story in the Baltimore Sun about a family who was reunited by the agency who facilated their adoption. And after genetic testing - they learn that the bdad, bmom, and adoptee are NOT related. The agency and court refuse to dig deeper and correct things.

It's nothing more than criminal in my book

Cont in next post with link to article

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 4:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Adoption

• http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bal-md.adoption12oct12,0,4330378.story
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 4:43 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Well, that is something. Was it an honest mistake or did somebody swap babies because the other one was sick. Makes you wonder since there have been cases of both. Makes me wonder if somebody went home with Baby Boy Butler who thought they gave birth to him. Or if somebody at St. Elizabeth's messed up and switched two "up for adoption" babies. If I was the judge or in a position at the agency I would want to find out before it hit the media. Now they all look like they are covering their behinds. If there was anything at all in the paperwork that would solve the mystery I would want it solved before an announcement was put out that all babies born at such a date and place need DNA testing to determine who was who.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I am NOT surprised...yet am appalled, at the great almighty 'Catholic Charity', and the Church, for not getting into the trenches, and FINDING out EXACLTY what went wrong.....after all, aren't they supposed to be there for their congregation????? At times , I wondered if I was being too tough on the Catholic Church.....now I see, that I was not! This is a tragic journey for ALL those involved! Just in case anyone else wonders about "Sealed Records" and whom they benefited...it is more than obvious.....NO ONE! Page 3 of this article..Paragraph 10...states it very clearly...The law Sealing Records, 1940.....' The laws were designed to protect the Adoptive Families FROM the interference from 'Birth Parents"! OPEN THE RECORDS...I don't need protecting, and neither does the father of my twins. If First Parents, do not wish for contact, a simple 'Thanks...but NO Thanks", is sufficient enough. This is about adoptees rights!
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2009