my toe

last night i dropped a cermic butter dish on my toe,,,,,,,it kills and it is black and blue,,,,,,,,shld i see a DR,,,,,,,my husband says nothing they can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Health

• even if you broke your toe, they dont do anything for that..

i would just ice it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• OUCH!!
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I agree with MomNbabyGirl1009.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• If it's broken they are not going to do a thing for you except to tell you to stay off it and splint it to it's neighboring toe.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Agree with liss05. Even if they x-ray it and it is broken, there is no specific treatment for broken toes. They would recommend elevating it to help with swelling, icing it for pain and swelling, ibuprofen or Tylenol for discomfort, and buddy taping it to the toe right next to it for comfort. You can do the taping with regular medical tape that is in most first aid kits, but there is this special type of stretchy stuff that you can get at any good pharmacy called Coban. It sticks to itself (no tape required) and unwraps easily when you want to change it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Yep, nothing they can do. Ice it and take some ibuprofen.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2009