Milk?

When should my breasts produce milk instead of the clear stuff?

.carrie.

Asked by .carrie. at 5:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your milk doesn't come in until about 3-4 days after you give birth. It's possible to leak colostrum during pregnancy, sometimes as early as the first trimester, but it doesn't happen with every woman or every pregnancy. It's normal whether you leak colostrum during pregnancy or not, and either way doesn't have any bearing on your milk coming in. Colostrum is the clear stuff you are seeing... Your baby will get that the first days after you give birth.. Its normal the baby needs that
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• hmm... idk, i just saw that no one answered your question so i thought i would give it a shot. im 37 weeks and have not produced anything, dont know if its normal, but maybe you could just ask your doc! i would...
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 5:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Your milk will come in after the baby is born, it can take up to a week but the colostrum is all your baby needs until then. Colostrum is amazing stuff that is full of antibodies and all sorts of great stuff your baby needs.
    I have never leaked anything during pregnancy and my breasts do not even grow in size but i have been successful at nursing both my kids!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2009