what do you think of psycics@

just wondering

mrs.carranza

Asked by mrs.carranza at 5:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My bias is in being a Christian. I used to be into all sorts of spiritism but this passage (among others) moved me to stop practising or associating closely with any forms of it, including psychic and fortune telling in other forms: "There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. For everybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable things Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you." Deuteronomy 18:10-12
    AmourDeMere

Answer by AmourDeMere at 5:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• There are some real ones out there, but sorting them from the scammers is hard work. I sometimes get a reading done for entertainment. i do get readings from one I believe to have a gift, but she never charges me a cent. She says that a gift should be used to help others and not for profit. I like her way of thinking.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think if I could find a real one I would love it... The local "psycic" is more of a crazy cat lady that a psycic... lol! A real one would be awesome to have around. But the fakes just make everyone look bad!

Personally I think if you have a gift it would be wrong not to use it. That's like walking around all day with ear plugs in just so you don't have to hear. Psycic "powers" are like a sixth sense. It's not something they go looking for. It's nature. Period! Not evil. It's simply a naturally abnormality in the brain that allows them to tap in to worlds or energies that the average person can't. It's that simple.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• IMO, they are mostly frauds. I think few are born with the ability of divination, and the ones that are tend to either shun the gift because they have been told it's evil or of the devil or they keep the ability secret among family in fear of ridicule.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:04 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I know that there are different types of psychics. Some "see" into the future, some see premonitions, some see the past, and some can do all of the above. Also some psychics dream, some get visions through touch or by focusing on there insight. I do believe in psychic. It runs generations deep in my family. I am, and I even see it in my son! I believe that the psychics that advertise themselves for sale are the ones that are most often fakes and it really puts a bad image on those of us who truly are. Its not easy, and it comes with MUCH responsibility. But no matter what some may believe, we do exist.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think some have a true talent and others do not.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I am psychic.And I'm a pretty great woman. lol. JMO of course. I won't say I'm always right because I'm not. But I've been pretty accurate in the past. However, I don't make it a habit of reading people because A> I don't accept money for it, and B. People tend to latch onto me after I've done an accurate reading and keep wanting more and more. That's the problem. When people get good accurate information instead of taking that and applying it to their life they want to know more and more. It gets tiresome and irritating. So sorry to have to disagree with you Sabrina, but I don't believe any of us psychics have a duty to use our ability. Does Michael Jordan have a duty to use his ability? Would it be wrong of him if he never played basketball? No. Its his choice. And its every psychics choice to use their ability.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think there are real ones. I've been to one. She was great. But, I do think even if you've been to a real one, it's not gaurunteed to happen. We control our lives by our choices. The same psychic i went to told my aunt she was going to have more children. So, she went and got her tubes tied because she did not wnt more. Now, I have seen on here moms who've had their tubes tied get pregnant again, so who's to really say she wont? If you've read the Twilight series or seen the movie, it's like Alice. She can predict the future but it will change based on the persons choices.
    Anonymous

• I believe real ones exist. I've been to two, but I think on was much better. The other was so vague. Anyway, while I do believe they exist, I also take it as entertainment more than something to base my life off of. I would like to do it again soon for fun, to see how my future has change. It's an interesting experience and fun. They can be so expensive though. Bugs me, but thats why I don't go often.

It would be silly of me to say they dont exist because my mom and I both have dreams of the future. Not all the time and mine are usually just normal, everyday things. But my mom has had more serious ones. I dont think I'm psychic though.....just a little bit more in touch than average.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I'm not big on them.I was aproached about 11 years ago , she walked rite up to me ,held my arm and told me some of my future, weird.Anywho I'd rather wait and take it one day at a time.Me and my higher power are good like that.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 2:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2009