Anyone ever bought stock in a company?

My husband and I have a little inside track on a stock - but we've never bought stock before. Have no clue where to start.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• im with you....my company is different though...they put in stock FOR you after youve been invested in the company for three years...you dont put in anything...i have no idea how it works its wierd...all i know is you cant touch it, unless you retire or become no longer employed with the company...then they will issue you a check for the amount of stock you have...i know right now i have 14 shares...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:33 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• what do you mean " a little inside track on stock" ??????????????
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No, not sure what to do to do that. My company(i work form home) has a stock bonus program so it may be something to look into a little further.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Go to any Fildeity office and set up an account. They handled my 401(k) rollover when I became a SAHM and we also purchased named brand stocks through them. Once you are set up with them you can do most business/trades over the phone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Fidelity is a great place to start. When I turned 18 I inherited a great deal of money, a lot of it in stocks so I had to learn quickly. At the time all of the money was invested with Merrill Lynch, but the stocks were diversified and I had an adviser who helped me pick stocks and decide which ones/when to sell. With Fidelity, I don't get as much help but it's cheaper.

Answer by missanc at 12:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• To buy stock you can set up an account with Fidelity online or even set up an account at your local Edward Jones office. I would be very very cautious about this "inside track" business though. You are either going to get scammed or burned in some other way. Don't forget the Martha Stewart went to jail for having the "inside track" on some stocks.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2009