How much would you charge ?

How much would you charge an hour to watch a 12 month old for 6 hours a day?

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 7:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a 21 month old. I pay my babysitter 75 plus some food, like this week I will send Peanut butter, bread, frozen peas, a can of carrots and a can of beans and a box of Kraft Mac. she keeps her 4 days a week for about 6 and a half hours to seven hours a day. It really up to you. A daycare would charge around 150 a week regardless of the hours. The sitter I had before this one charged 85 a week for 4 days same hours. It also kind of depends on what these particular parents are looking for. When I was looking I was trying to find a lower cost alternative to traditional daycare. some parents are looking for a 'better' environment and are willing to pay higher prices. I came across one home that was charging 130 a week when I was looking. If you are going to charge a 'higher' price then I would say you may want to make sure you haev a professional look about your home. Posted schedules and meal plans...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• a separate room for sleeping vs. playing. Planned weekly activities and such. Either way I would make sure to have a set of paperwork ready for the parent to fill out with all of the household info emergency numbers the child's insurance and a waiver that allows their child to ride in your car in a car seat.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I'd probably charge 80- 100 a day.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i do in home care with the military, ceritifed, house inspections, meal plans etc.

the average 3-9 dollars a hour. dependent on age...and their rank. i usually do 5-6 a hour and they provide formula if its a baby but i feed the toddlers. i dont do school age kids. just babies and toddlers.

evenings are more expensive.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• 30 dollars a day is the going rate for inhome childcare in NE ohio..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• $ 20.00 dollars a day that is reasonable try asking this question by calling a daycare they are outrages so you'd be saving the family some money if you ask me. And you''ll be making good money 5 days you've made $100.00 dollars get the idea...BRINGING IN THE MONEY!!! GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I don't think that you can reasonably expect to be paid a full time job rate for one child unless you intend to give that child your undivided attention all day. If you babysit other children or have children of your own then your time will be divided. I haven't needed a sitter for the past three years but when I did I paid her $12 a day plus I provided food for my child and some of the others she was watching. My child was one of six that she was watching. When you add that up she was getting $72 a day.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 10:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2009