Does this phrase drive anyone else crazy?

I absolutely cannot stand when a mother or father to be says, "WE are pregnant!" I know that it takes two to make a baby, but at least in my house, only one of us is actually the pregnant one! When daddy can go through morning sickness, sore boobs and pushing out a baby, only then can he say, "WE"! :) My other rant is mothers who refer to their children's age in months.... Instead of saying, "My dd is 2 1/2 years old", they say, "My dd is 30 months old". I just think it sounds kind of weird.... BTW, my dd is 111 months old, and ds is 13 months old :) Just had to vent today, I guess I'm crabby this morning!

emnasmom

Asked by emnasmom at 8:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• haha..yes yes yes!

I'm crabby today too...but that made me smile---Thanks!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Even though it's only the woman who's actually pregnant, there are many, MANY men who have to put up with some seriously crazy pregnant crap (e.g. psycho pregnant wife who goes from pumpkin-pie-sweet to bat-shit-crazy in .02 seconds) so I think it's fair for them to say WE are pregnant. :)

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• You made me laugh, but I am the mother you are ranting about :)! My son just turned 26 months old and I'm not ready to call him two yet! And "we" were pregnant with him! It was my DH responsibility too, and I expected him to be there for everything! You gave me a good laugh at myself~! Hopefully the crabby wears off, remember its friday!!!:)
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• That "we are pregnant " thing bothers me to. "We are going to have a baby" I can handle.
    I am pregnant not you.
    the months thing bothers me too. To me anything over 11 months is just years. I have heard women refer to their kids ages as 29 months before.

Answer by louise2 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Well I guess we'd better write a rant to clothing companies! lol what about the clothes that are sized 18-24 mos???
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• idk when i was pregs -- yes only i was pregs -- but that effected dh, my son, my family, etc... we were all waiting for the baby and they were all helping me (bedrest) so we were all pregs in a sence... no it does not bother me.... REAL issues like child abuse, PA abuse, the war... bother me... why do you care about something so small?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think you're crabby, too. lol I don't care if someone says "we're" pregnant or not. And the months thing....I do say months, but it depends on for what. Usually I say 2 and 1/2. Sometimes I say the months. Again, it depends.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 9:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My DH had every right to say WE are pregnant because he seriously got ALL my morning sickness. He had all the morning sickness and I had the cravings. My cravings would make him hurl. People would ask how I was feeling, I'd say great, but ask DH how he is feeling. If DH didn't have all my morning sickness then the phrase "we are pregnant" would have bothered me, but he did say SHE is in labor; and not WE are in labor.

The month thing bothers me too. Whenever my kids passed 11 months it was they are 1 year old, 1 1/2, 2 and so on. My SIL drove me crazy with that, she referred to my nieces age as 36 months. You have a birthday party because they are 3, not 36 months....geesh.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• thanks for the laugh...Im a little overwhelmed and crabby today but trying to ignore it lol so it was good to laugh!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• We both gained the same ammount of weight and we're both trying to lose our baby fat. I can honestly say, I was the worst person to deal with when expecting. My own mother said she didn't want to be around me. Infact most of my family and has told me that at some point of my pregnancy that I was not a nice person. He was there every step of the way. all appointments, and everything.So I don't mind the "we" thing. :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2009