how did you tell your man?

i got a kid. she wasnt planned.been on b.c and i am a wk late i took at test and its positive but my man dont know yet.we dont have the best relationship and we dont have a big enough place.i am thinking he is going to flip his lid.we weren't trying or planning.To save less bitching and drama I have to tell him that i am a wk late that i called the health dept and they said i need to take a test before i take too many pills because if i am it may harm the baby.(which is true) i am just scared of saying it and when.i planned on this weekend but i need to do it today we got stuff to do over the weekend and it just needs to get out so i can get medical card and a dr and get things going.some of my friends have said to tell him over the phone and after his moodiness last night i think i want to do it over the phone.anyone been in a not so great situation?how did you tell you partner? tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First off, I am sorry that your situation is what it is. Now is the time that you need someone supportive. If you'd rather not do it face-to-face, you can call, text, or email him. But you are right, he needs to know, and you need to start worrying about that little baby you are carrying :) Good luck!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Well my hubby and I are fixing to have our 4th! First 2 planned 2nd 2 surprise gifts from God. With the first I wrote him a note and left it for him. I was so scared to tell him because even though we had decided to try it happened really fast. The 2nd time I just told him we were both ecstatic, of course that one took 6 months to conceive. With our 3rd he came right after a miscarriage, I got pregnant again before we knew we had lost the other baby, and well it was nuts and I just told him. With the last one I made him a card and left it for him. Just be upfront and honest. I know it's not always easy. We weren't trying but we know that if we conceive it is meant to be by God and all will be okay. Try not to stress and enjoy your pregnancy!!
    mommacat

Answer by mommacat at 11:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i text mine....i hadnt had sex in almost 3 years. me and my first childs father were working on us and i ended up falling for the lie and slept with him and bam 4 weeks later i found out i was prego. i text him since he never answers his phone. good thing is our oldest is almost 12 bad thing i have another 18 yrs to deal with him lol. glad we are friends. gl on telling your spouse. i vote the card/note thing. infact do it and then go to work or to the grocery store....lol
    snobunnie5698

Answer by snobunnie5698 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't tell him on the phone, but that is such me. If he isn't happy with this pregnacy I hope he will change. You didn't say if he was good to you. Don't be with anyone if they are not good to you, if they don't respect your feelings. Is he always moody? He should be happy about the news, even thou he wanted to wait.
    Anonymous