Homeless, loving mom, needs creative ideas....pls and thank you.

Was in DV shelter, transitioned into motel shelter. It was in the middle of no where. Couldn't cook for children, no supermarkets, no regular stores, all with a newborn. Sister took me in, then put me out. Father then took me in, but his bldg isn't for children. Now 3 wks later, I have to go. My plan is to work 2 jobs. I'm not on welfare but I do have income. My son goes to school from 8a-3p and I have a daughter that's 1. I'm trying to be creative and figure out a schedule in which to work these two jobs. But, at the same time, I still have no place to live, which is my biggest obstacle. If I go into shelter w/o job, they will take my income to pay for it. If I go in with job, they won't touch the income I already have. But in order for me to get a job, I need a sitter and my only sitter was my dad. I went to temp agency and they have work, but again, I need a sitter. (cont'd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hope things get better for you. You should be very very proud of how hard you are working to make a better like for your Son!!! I think one place you should call is Displaced Homemakers. They are a social services organization with offices in different places, maybe by you. Try googling it by typing it in the your county or another county and your state.

Or try it through your county's or another county's United Way. They help women who are and aren't moms, Displaced Homemakers does, look at ways to be independent coming out of situations that are rough.

Also Catholic Charities (might also be through your county's United Way or could not be, absolutely does counseling for different things. Maybe they could help you. For that just call after finding them in your county and ask. Maybe try a different county too. I don't know if their services are available for people who aren't catholic.

continued below .......
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• lfl continuing here .... sorry for blabbing so much - also

a group of churches in my area participates in the Interfaith. It's a group of churches of differrent religions that have joined together and each church on a preschedule week provide housing and food for one week to a specfic family of different sizes inside of their church building. I believe food is provided. I know cots are provided with sheets blankets. Try looking at different church's websites and under their club or ways to volunteer could be listed a similar organization.

As for babysitting if u are a part of a church if they have a preschool nursery school, try asking if they'll take your son at a discount or free and you'll volunteer in church nursery or volunteer in a Sunday School class as payback.

Lastly, sorry for so much. My town and county offer a lot that's y I've heard of these things....... public schools have free preschools and prek. Try!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• lfl, that was great info. Appreciate all you've shared. Will look into a few of your suggestions. Thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2009