how did you tell your man u were/are pregnant?

i got a kid. she wasnt planned.been on b.c and i am a wk late i took at test and its positive but my man dont know yet.we dont have the best relationship and we dont have a big enough place.i am thinking he is going to flip his lid.we weren't trying or planning.To save less bitching and drama I have to tell him that i am a wk late that i called the health dept and they said i need to take a test before i take too many pills because if i am it may harm the baby.(which is true) i am just scared of saying it and when.i planned on this weekend but i need to do it today we got stuff to do over the weekend and it just needs to get out so i can get medical card and a dr and get things going.some of my friends have said to tell him over the phone and after his moodiness last night i think i want to do it over the phone.anyone been in a not so great situation?how did you tell you partner? tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• we was not planning eaither and i just came out and told him and he couldnt really be mad at me it takes two to do it lol
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i was fighting with mine 2. actually prob at the end of everything. I hated his guts so i just left it on the bathroom sink and when he figured it out he figured it out. Just leave the test on the sink and if he asks say well guess you did it. Don't b mad at me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• lol i know it takes to but most of the time things are all my fault according to him.he is a asshole not much else to say about him lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I wasn't planning or trying to prevent it on my last one (didn't think I'd ever be able to have any more, was a miracle I had the one before), and at this particular time we weren't financially ready, our marriage was in downward spiral and it just couldn't have been a worse time to be pregnant for us. I'd been sick but I have hormone imbalances so I thought that's what it was. Before I would take any medication I'd take a test just to make sure since we weren't using any b/c. So I went in, took the test and came back out and said "well it's definetely not something the hormone pills will help with this time!" while I was holding up the stick.
    Our daughter would love to know those were my first words and his were something like "oh shit, this couldn't have happened at a worse time!".
    It worked out tho and she's the gift we didn't even think we wanted but now couldn't be complete without :)
    I'd just show him the stick
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• With my first pregnancy test with my first child, I called Bill at work because he knew I was taking the test earlier in the day. That night I called him at lunch and all you heard was "WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO." Now with the baby I am pregnant with now, Bill was home and I asked him to look at the test. Bill looked at the test with me, he turned around hugged me and said CONGRATS. I am so glad Bill is the supportive force in my life, which makes all of these tense moments much easier to handle.
    mom2hailie

Answer by mom2hailie at 11:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I'd just tell him remember all those times we had sex and you failed to wear a condom. Well, I'm pregnant and it's all your fault! That's how I emotionally told my dh about baby #3!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 12:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I walked into our garage and said honey you have 9 months to finish rebuilding that car. His friend ran out of the garage laughing. I yelled to his friend, you won't be laughing when you get home. My 3 best friends and I were all pregnant at the same time.
    With our 2nd child, I told my DH to save the date of December 24th. He asked why. I said b/c that's my due date. My DH was supportive and scared. I don't have the best health when I'm pregnant.
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 10:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2009