Why do women who are planning to have an abortion DON'T know that they will regret it later on?

Is it human instinct or pregnancy hormones? But what could possible make a woman go through it without thinking that she will regret it forever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• i had one when i was 19. i was not ready to be a mom. i wasn't serious with the father. i do regret it though. it still to this day makes me sad to know that i would've had another kid. he or she would've been 8 years old now. i think that if i would've had the baby everything would've worked out for me. it would have been tough, but i wish i could go back now! :( to anyone who is thinking about it, please just make sure that's what you really want. i am totally pro choice!

Finally the truth comes from someone who has done it and has a conscience. I'm sorry anon I'm sure you feel very gulity . Hate the sin not the sinner.
    Anonymous

• Not all women regret it. Some women are happier afterwards. I'm pro choice for many reasons. Take into consideration the woman who is raped by her father at 13. Or by her cousin at 14. Or her brother at 12. Or an uncle. And yes I said woman because once you come on your period thats what you are!! There are a hundred reasons why people get abortions and a hundred reasons some don't. But I'm so sick of you ANONs with this abortion issue. I'm also sick of seeing old people and men with their anti abortion signs. None of them will ever have to make that choice. If you don't want one, don't get one. I really think everyone should just worry about themselves.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i had one when i was 18 and dont regret it at all,but i would never get another one.i got on for a reason on who it was with.u could say my life turned out alot better then it would have,having to struggle with a child back then.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Well, some women don't realize it will stay with them forever that they had an abortion. Me speaking for myself, I did it at the time because I was 17 years old, in college, hadn't been with my bf long enough and was terribly confused and embarrassed that I had become pregnant. It still haunts me but I think I made the right choice at the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• what makes you think EVERY woman will regret it? for some it is the best choice they ever made. and no i havent had one, im just saying. its not fair to categorize every female.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Shyma YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!! Also some girls, young ladies more often than more adult women are able to pursue an abortion early on emotionally and physically rather than older emotions coming into play and guilt only setting in dictating the outcome. More women in their 20's and older have babies already and are emotionally charged to consider abortion and have guilt from thinking of it.

More often the young girls and young ladies in a possible pregnancy or pregnancy are more apt to have one very early and go on with less guilt because they clearly know they are so young. Not being around babies in your family or relatives, friends who have babies gives those prospective moms visions of an easier life emotionally with abortion than raising a baby and encountering finances and emotions carrying pregnancy..

I have two daughters and a son. Teens into twenties. We have no abortions no pregnancies in our family. God loves us.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Not everyone regrets it, I think after having had a child there are few who would do it, just because they are aware of what is involved a lot more. It is a personal choice according to circumstances, what is the difference in having an abortion or killing your kid after its born? which is something that happens all the time.

Answer by older at 9:21 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• It is understandable that the rape victims wouldn't want to carry the baby.
    I think that the poster who said that she thought it was the right decision AT THE TIME is why most women do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• <3 to Shyma! I terminated a pregnancy at 16 years old and I do not regret it at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I don't regret it... It was what was best and years later i still believe that... You make a choice, you live with it... You know how many parents regret having kids?? That ball swings both ways!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2009