How do you hide money from your dh/so???

Sometimes I hide it and forget I have or he'll find it and tell me I am holding out on him...I feel bad but the truth is that I just want to have cash on me.

What is so wrong about that, Even though he makes way more than I do he tells me if I need anything to just get it there is no secret about it (we use debit cards). I'd rather have the cash though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't! Never would... If I ever felt I needed to, it would be time for devorce!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it. I used to do it when I was married. Sometimes my husband would take money out of my purse and then I would still have money. You have it in case of emergency.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Open up a checking account with a debit/ATM card.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I have the bank account in my name. I didn't start that to hide money from him but it's in my name because he is horrible with money and bank accounts and wanted nothing to do with an account. But we still need one for bill paying. So it's in my name, I have the card and do the account balancing. He typically doesn't know what is in there exactly, just a guess. He doesn't get in my purse either. I hide money in the account or the cash somewhere in our spare room. I know it's preferable for you to have cash but if you forget where you put it or he finds it and gets angry, a bank account would be better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I don't. He's my husband and we share everything. I can't imagine hiding anything, including money, from him.

Answer by missanc at 11:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• So tell him that based on how you grew up (or whatever) you only feel safe with cash stashed somewhere in your house. Get a cookie jar. Don't hide it from him, Just make it part of your money plan. People did this just before Y2K just in case remember. Own your inner craziness and do what you have to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I do not have to hide money from my husband!  And you should not have to at all.  He does not hide his from me either. 

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 2:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• travelThe only time I ever hid money was when I was planning on leaving my x. I hid it in the zipper section that hid the hood of my windbreaker that I never wore. The bulk from the hood in there didn't draw attention. I just rolled the money up inside with the hood until I had enough to leave.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• p.s. he was abusive so I had to be careful not to get caught

Answer by admckenzie at 2:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I dont hide money from my husband, but if I was going to I would put it somewhere he never ever looks. Like a box of tampons or something.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2009