Was the boy in the balloon just a hoax?

I'm hearing now that the boy said on live TV that he "did it for the show" -- what show?? His parents made him do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I already started this same question below with a link to the video.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 9:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• my dh just called and told me the same thing... lastnight after they found him safe *thankfuly* i thought ok he was messing with balloon and it flew away and he was scared daddys gonna yell and ground me ( i watched them on wifeswap and he was a mean jerk, he scared me lol ) but if it was a stunt then i hope they do have to pay back for the search team ( helicopter 4,000, and something else cant remember 2,500 ) also if the search was also "into" it then there asses for wasting peopels time and maken people hope for the best there are people out there that could have used them for a real search and rescue. wouldve been better if the 6 yr old just said i didnt want to get grounded...im sorry. i guess i have to watch it and see it for myself...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Personally if ya watched the episode of Wife Swap I always thought that seemed kinda funny and now hearing the boy on the TV something don't sound right to me at all, I have watched the show before and sometimes it seems that reality shows seem so far fetched it really would not suprise me that this is all a set up of some kind...Ppl ARE FREAKING CRAZY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• They played the 911 tape on tv this morning, it doesn't sound like a hoax. The parents were seriously freaking out. It might be possible that the "kids" were doing a show. One of the things they kept going back to yesterday was the fact that at least 1 of the kids had a video camera when the whole thing started.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I dont know for sure but the sherriff stated that there wasn't anything to indicate a hoax
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Okay, I thought I heard that they called a tv show before they called 911.
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• well the boy confessed it on tv it was for the show, and the father was speechless! that sounds like a hoax to me! the parents are facing felony charges and a really large fine
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009