How can i get juice out of my 3 year olds hair?!

I've shampooed about 5 times, attempted to brush but nothing has worked! Ugh! Any ideas? It's very matted and sticky and nothing seems to be working.

DixiePrincess84

Asked by DixiePrincess84 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• According to AAP kids age 1-6 should only have around 4 ounces of juice a day and they should drink it in open cups, no sippy cups. The only thing in sippy cups should be water.

What does this have to do with getting it out of her hair?

Put conditioner in it and comb it out for a little while. then rinse it out completely. This should work. Good luck :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I do not understand your question really.

What kind of juice is it? Did it stain her scalp??? I would think by shampooing it it would have washed out with the suds from it!

Sorry I cannot be of more help, but wondering why is it so matty and sticky? Did it dry on her hair like she dipped her hair in it??

Comb it out first to unmat it . I would think really warm water as long as it is not on her scalp so you do not burn her........should loosen it up some. And rub her hair together a little as you run it under the water with shampoo as you do.

Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• What the....?

Can you be specific? Or is this a joke question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I gave her watermelon juice (it comes in a carton like orange juice) in a cup (mixed with some water as well). She has this habit of pouring it in her hand and rubbing it throughout her hair. She did this while playing in her room without me noticing until it was too late. Now it is matted and just nasty from the juice. I put her in a warm bath and washed it about 3 times and it's still matted and sticky. No, it's not on her scalp just all over her hair.
    DixiePrincess84

Answer by DixiePrincess84 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Try putting cream rinse on it and combing it through.

According to AAP kids age 1-6 should only have around 4 ounces of juice a day and they should drink it in open cups, no sippy cups. The only thing in sippy cups should be water.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Thank you very much Shyma, I will most certainly give that a try :)

And thank you grandmother Gailll for looking up the "rules and regulations" from the AAP on how to administer juice and water and regulate her sippy cup. I'll make sure to follow these guidlines from now on since not doing so might jeopardize my daughters health. Really.
    DixiePrincess84

Answer by DixiePrincess84 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2009