due date gone past..

So Here it is friday,. I was due on monday,. Im starting to get pissy... My back hurts like hell and my feet look like little sausages. I had doctors on monday and they checked everything out and said that it all looks ok but Im not even dialated or anything,, nothing is happening.. do you think maybe they got my due date wrong?? They said its very unlikely that they did but has it happened to anyone one else. because I know people who were told they were having a girl and out came a boy.... Im just so frustrated... help!!

mismommy2009

Asked by mismommy2009 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Normal human gestation is 38-42 weeks, the Estimated Due Date is just the middle of that. No there is nothing wrong, your baby will come when its ready.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• The day is only a MID-point in the 4-week due period. You're technically due for about a month... So try not to take that date too seriously.
    About 4% of babies come that day...
    If you are first-time mom, you can take reassurance in knowing the average length of pregnancy is 41 weeks, 1 day.
    Know that it WILL happen exactly when baby & body are ready.
    :-) Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• the due date could be off by a bit, but 42 weeks is normal.

i know how you are feeling. my son was born at 41 weeks. also, i wasn't dilated much at all, maybe .5 cm at my appointment before that. so don't worry, your body is getting ready. it will be SOON!

i am now 4 weeks pregnant and just planning on being pregnant for another 37 weeks or so. ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2009