Ive decided to quit smoking cold turkey today! Anyone have any encourging or helpfull words?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YES! First of all Congratulations in deciding it's time to quit! Stay away from people who smoke. Chew gum when you get a craving. Avoid things that make you smoke, such as stress, alchohol, coffee. Stay strong and positive. I did it! Been smoke free for 4 months now. I feel great!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• congratulations.i quit the same day i found out i was preggo and still havent goon back.you dont need it and its no good for you.youll have so much more energy and im so happy for you.just think odf the reason why you decided to quit each time you have a craving to smoke.i ate reeses pieces hehe..n now i crave for the reeses pieces n not the ciggrettes lol.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Just think of how easy it will be to climb stairs now! I've been planning on quitting and haven't yet. Then the elevator at my work went out and I had to climb several flights of stairs. I thought I was going to pass out. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My father and husband both quit that way and for them they said it was the easiest way to do it.

They said the first couple of weeks was hard but after that it was a breeze. So just stick to it...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Good for you!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:29 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• YOU CAN DO IT!!! You should be so proud of yourself! It's been a year since I quit cold turkey, it was the best thing I have ever done! CONGRATS!!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• good luck and if ya slip up dont be hard on your self ....it took awhile to get that addiction and may take a while to over come it ...and you have more wil power than i have right now...i tried to quit so many times but no luck...wanna buddy up and quit together? i could use the extra support =) 

way to goyou rock

bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Ty julie that made me wanna quit even more! Im 23yrs old ive been smoking since i was 13! I know its going to be hard but this is something i have to do! I now have bad breathing problems an a nasty cough! My mom an dad have been smoking for almost 50 yrs my mom is 66 my dad is 65! My mom is actually very healthy but my dad is so lucky he is on oxygen all the time he quit smoking about 6 months ago! I wish i never started smoking only reason i started was because my boyfriend when i was 13 was 15 an he smoked so i guess i thought it was cool! Now 10 yrs later i regret it!
    Anonymous

• Hey GREAT! I too started smoking when I was thirteen. I quit smoking about 3 years ago. I quit cold turkey and never went back. I am not saying I didn't want to, but I did this which helped.
    Every time I wanted to have "just one" I would say out loud to myself, "You have gone ___ days without a cig. If you can go another ___ days (same amount) then you can have one." Each time that "approved" day came up I would say it again. As the days in between got larger, the easier it was to say, NO WAY I am messing up now! At first I used hours instead of days. :) You don't need luck. You can do this. :0)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009