Starting college in the spring...free gym...

I am starting at SWOSU in the spring and they have a gym and a pool. I am so excited! I have been wanting to loose weight for so long but...well...I'm lazy. Ok so mabey all of it isn't laziness what with having 3 kids and living in a town with no gym and having no money, but still. I will only be able to have about 30 minutes a day and I want to start off slow so that I don't just give it up as being to hard to do(because I am starting school after 8 years, I have 3 kids under 5yrs old, and I don't know how to do it all at once). I am stressed to the max but I think that I really need to do this for myself. Can anyone help me? They have a great gym. I just need to know what you think the best thing would be for me to do once I get in there! Swimming, bikes, treadmill, aerobics class...I wont have much time to devote(or energy at first) but I want to give it a try so bad. Can anyone give advice?

NinnaRenae

Asked by NinnaRenae at 11:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• P.S. I only weigh 136 but it is mostly in my butt and waist...from my kiddos. I was 111 lbs before kids. I dont want to get that small again but I really want to tone up some flabbier parts of me that dont look too good anymore.
    NinnaRenae

Answer by NinnaRenae at 11:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• If you have a hard tome getting into the swing of things and staying motivated you should probably take advantage of the aerobic classes so you have a sense of "I need to be there at this time" and it won't be shoved to the back burner where your attendance could wane. Also, either make a friend at the class or work out with a classmate for added motivation and fun during the workouts. It's much easier to stay focused when you two can help eachother with not only getting steady workouts but eating well too.
    Eau_Rouge

Answer by Eau_Rouge at 9:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2009