Is it safe to use a kerosene heater with a newborn

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on what kind, is it good shape, they are dangerous ! But because they are more prone to start fires, I would go buy and electric heater just to be safe.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No No No. The smell is too bad for the respiratory system. You could get the electric self contained oil space heaters that look like old radiators. Ceramic heaters make a bad smell too.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:37 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• NO!!!! Wear hats

Answer by rkoloms at 11:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• the fumes can be dangerous but earlier this year we had an ice storm and was out of power for two weeks!! so believe me, we were cautious but we used a kerosene heater bc we didnt have any other choice! and btw baby is fine. if you have another alternative i'd use it. and its really expensive to buy the fuel.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I am using one this winter and my babies 4 months.The smell is bad and I could see that it might cause probs if your not safe.We have CO2 alarms and I suggest if you use one to buy one also.
    Anonymous