How much TV do you let your children watch?

When the house needs cleaned I let my DD and DS watch it when I am doing that ~ just to occupy them for a little while - but beyond that, it would probably be too much t.v.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• maybe 15-20 minutes in the morning when waiting for bus. 30-60 minutes after school. about 1 hour after dinner as long as everything is ready for the next day and he is ready for bed. sometimes more some times less. this weekend almost zero we are going camping and will be very busy
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• one movie while I cook dinner. More on weekends because they can watch while I fix lunch to. It helps them not be under my feet while I cook. lol. Play is a very important activity at our house though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• The TV is almost always on in our house. the watch when they want but mostly just play and listen to it
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• my son turns 2 in 3 weeks and he has yet to EVER sit and watch it - which at first we were glad about but he also doesn't play by himself and wants us to play with him all the time, which is adorable but sometimes i have to get things done which is when the whining creeps in ....ugh.. he just is too active to sit for more than 2 minutes ... seriously... not even 2 minutes.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• an hour a day on school nights; 2 a day on weekends

Answer by rkoloms at 2:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• It varies day to day. Sometimes only a little, other days more........... They spend alot of time doing other things as well. It hasnt been an issue, so they dont have set rules around TV. The winter they usually watch more because of the weather and they cant get outside to play as much.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Way too much recently but I'm almost 9 mo. pregnant with an 18 mo. old. I don't have the energy or patience to entertain her all day. I'm really looking forward to getting my body back and being able to get back into the swing of things.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• The tv is on almost all day in my home.

They come and go. I think they may sit and watch something for 5-10 mins at a time and then are off doing their thing for 30mins or more. Just depends on what we are doing or what they are doing.

They dont just sit and veg in front of it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• We only have a small tv hooked up to the DVD player so we watch a video every once in a while. Other than that, we don't have a tv in the house.
    Kathryn620

Answer by Kathryn620 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2009