Anyone making their own Baby food?

I am starting (expermenting) on making my daughters ORGANIC baby food but was wondering.......when making such for instance squash.....do I have to take the seeds out then bake it?

momtopreemie521

Asked by momtopreemie521 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes, slice it in half and remove all the seeds THEN bake it! If you need any more help, I made all my baby food this time around and had a blast doing so!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Thanks, I have done banana's apples w/ cinnamin, and now squash. I tried pototos and they literaly blew up my blender! I had to go to Wally World last night and get a new one! lol. What out veggies or fruit can I do?
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I meant what OTHER veggies or fruits can I do?
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• baked sweet potatoes cauliflower avocado peas zucchini apples pears plums Be sure to avoid the allergy trigger foods. This is not a complete list: before age 1, no soy, dairy, wheat, citrus, egg white, strawberries; before age 2 no honey, chocolate, nuts. The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. There is some great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 2:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• What I found that was really easy was those steam fresh veggies that you buy in the freezer section. I would just steam them and then puree them as necessary especially if you are feeding the rest of your family at suppertime! Corn is really hard to do, but the carrots and peas and green beans and cauliflower, even broccoli work really well. Otherwise I would dice and cook peaches and apples and puree them together, blueberries and strawberries, and Greek yogurt is awesome! I never used the Super Baby Food book, but I am sure it has some great idea's! Just follow your instincts and keep experimenting! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Thanks for all the suggestions! I will be steaming all winter long!! :)
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2009