What's the best potty chair to buy????

starz16

Asked by starz16 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i stuck my girl straight on the big potty. then there was no adjusting to something new once she was already potty trained. :) (she only fell in once... lol)
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My bathroom is small, so we bought one of those seats that goes on the toilet itself. My daughter loves it. While she doesn't quite get potty training yet, she still loves to sit on the potty like a big girl.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• But I guess to answer your question, it's hard to say. Each child and family are different and have different needs. If you think your child will do good on a potty chair, then go for one of those (BTW they all hold pee and poop the same, so one isn't better than the other in that aspect, just the bells and whistles they have). If you don't have enough space or don't want to clean out the potty every time your child goes, get the type of seat that sits on the toilet. Your call. You know what is best for your child and family.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Well if you have a boy, I got the froggy potty thing (not sure what tis really called, but thats what we call it) my sons a big boy and he loves it. He was too big for the other one we tried, and its better (for us) than the little seat that goes over the toilet cuz he can get on and off by himself easily.

but yeah it really depends on the child to say which one is best
    pregojen

Answer by pregojen at 12:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• All my children never used the potty seat. I have one girl and two boys. They refused to use it.
    Jamiewebb

Answer by Jamiewebb at 1:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My boys never used a potty seat. It's too hard to stuff a little weenie down there. The seat is so small. They went right to the real toilet. My daughter used a Dora seat you put on the toilet for a very short time - 2 weeks maybe.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I was told to buy something that was simple and easy to clean. We're just now getting to start potty training and my son likes to sit on the regular potty but hates his potty seat. I'm planning on using just the portion of the potty seat that is designed to fit on a regular potty and dump the rest.
    Anonymous

• we have one of the $5 seats for the toilet itself.

but also have a $15 plain white (looks exactly like the big one) for camping.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I loved the Bjorn potty. It doesn't have any places for bacteria to collect, and the splash guard is perfect for boys.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I vote for the potty seat insert. It's small, cheap and less clean up. It also makes adjusting to the regular potty easier.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2009