So I'm due on Monday.. October 19th.

I have tried Spicy foods... not working.
I have tried Orgasms.. not working.
I have tried Walking.. not working.
Going up & down stairs.. all I get is tired and out of breathe..

I am in absolutely NO PAIN.. I'm having very little contractions, and only at night time when I'm laying down. No back pains, no cramps.. nothing..

This past Monday I went to the doctor and he said I was 1cm and 50%.. What is wrong with me?!

I just want my baby girl out.. the natural way.. I really don't want to get induced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my dd was born 1 day b4 her due date, I promise you wont be pregnant forever. I wanted my dd out so bad I remember crying to my dad lol but it will just happen when it is time. I know that doesnt help but i just had flashbacks to feeling that way 8 yrs ago.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Well it is only the 16 th and your due date is just an estimate. Relax mama your baby will come when ready.

Anonymous

• Why are you worried about induction? You're not even "due" for another 3 days, and normal pregnancy lasts anywhere from 37 weeks to 42 weeks. I know it's uncomfortable, but don't worry too much about it.

Is sex an option for you? Semen has prostaglandins in it that help ripen your cervix. If you have good sex (where you climax a couple times too) and then walk a lot, I'm sure it will be sooner than later :)

Good luck, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I have had 5 children all had to be induced. The 1st 3 were 5 days late. Good luck and it will happen:)
    Anonymous

• Thats funny.  I'm due on October 20, lol.  I've dilated, I've softened.  Still nothing.  The Braxton Hicks contractions get SO bad that I really think I'm in labor.  I've tried all of those things also and nothing has worked so far.  I'll be going to Walmart later on this evening to get in TONS of walking in the hopes that it helps.  I'm having a girl too!  ;)   I'm impatient also but lets remember that we WILL go into labor.  It doesn't matter how dilated you are right now, you could still have your baby TONIGHT.  I've even tried a nice hot bath.  NOTHING.  I feel your pain on this one!  There are a few natural remedies that have been said to help but check with your Dr. or Midwife and see what they suggest.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Oh, and this is my 3rd one and I still haven't learned any "tricks" to make labor start, lol. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i was at 40 weeks when i had my baby. the week before (right b4 39 weeks) i was only at a 1 also. a week later (3 days b4 i went into active labor) i was at a 4 and didnt even feel a thing! so maybe you've progressed a lot more than you thought in a week. but dont worry, baby will get uncomfortable and come out very soon! congrats!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• ur lil girl could come early, on time or up to 2 weeks late....relax
    Anonymous

• And you can expect your baby to arrive on or about the 27th. Oh didn't they tell you. 41 weeks and 1 day is normal for a first birth.
    Anonymous

• "This past Monday I went to the doctor and he said I was 1cm and 50%.. What is wrong with me?! "

wow. you are "due" in 3 days and you are already freaking out! there is nothing wrong with you. you were 39 weeks then and it's normal to go to 42 weeks. i wasn't dilated at 40 weeks and then i had my son at 41 weeks. i didn' t have any contractions at all either until 40w6d. your body is getting ready in other ways.

just calm down. the due date is meaningless. you could go into november. you should not have to get induced just for going past your due date. if your doctor is pressuring you just say no to being induced unless it's medically necessary. this will reduce your chance of c-section. oh and trust your body. good luck!
    Anonymous