I feel like a complete idiot for asking this but please no bashing.

I had changed BC and when I changed it there was a gap of a month (dr told me to wait for next period to start new one) Well over the month I had got use to not taking it and now going in to the 3rd week of the new BC I have been a complete air head and keep forgetting to take it. I take it daily just I forget to take it at the same time. Im trying to get back in to it but ugh I just keep spacing.
My question is should I use backup ? Should I be ok to not get pregnant since I was on BC previously?
I really dont know so please no bashing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Always use a backup just to be safe.
    victoria.mommy

Answer by victoria.mommy at 12:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I'm not sure, my friend got pregnant but just switching from taking it in the morning to night, so it might be a good idea to use back up
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• backup backup backup.
    my best friend just went off bc and was pregnant immediately. :( not goood. better safe than sorry right?
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Thanks ladies.
    I will tell my husband to get some condoms LOL
    Thanks :)
    Anonymous

• You definately need a backup. Birth control pills are no longer effective the minute you go off of them. Your doctor was dumb to tell you to wait a month. You were vulnerable for the whole month and now you're vulnerable this month too, because you keep missing pills. You have to take them at the same time or ovulation is much more likely. Definately use a back up until you've been on the new pill for a month without any slip ups.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• You need to use backup atleast for a while. BC doesn't work for the first month you take it but the next month. There for you have a month that your system doesn't have any BC meds in it. Also atleast with the kind I am taking it doesn't matter as much that you take it at the exact same time everyday but that you take it everyday(it is recommended to take at the same time but I don't).So yeah be careful for a while until you get back in the swing of things.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 12:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I know I have to take it the same time I have the time as 6 pm but I space :( I keep forgetting to turn my phone on again for the alarm .
    I didnt know that you should start right away my dr said i had to wait for the next period so i did as I was told and my husband and I didnt have sex for a month :(
    Anonymous

• Unless you went more than a day, you don't need backup. My OB told me you don't really have to take it at the same time, the BC companies just say that to cover their butts.
    Anonymous

• You need to use back up until you've had 3 consecutive days when you've taken your BC regularly.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• don't feel so bad, it's hard to remember when you aren't used to it. if you are taking it close to the same time (like within 2-3 hours) i would say you are fine. otherwise, you should use back up. of course even if you are taking it right on time everyday, there still is a small chance you will get pregnant. :)
    Anonymous