asking multipara moms...is it true that your third baby comes faster or sooner than the last?

im 34 weeks pregnant with third baby. My midwife says she dropped. Im feeling more and more pressure everyday, and now what ive known as braxtons are sooo much stronger than ever before.I was induced with both my boys, and was kinda hoping for a new kinda experience with this one who happens to be a girl.

guitarmom101

Asked by guitarmom101 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my first came day before due date-3 1/2 hours of labor
    my second came close to 3 weeks early little over 2 hours of labor
    my third 3 weeks early 14 hours of labor

each one got smaller too-everyone is different.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• another strange thing is ive been having crazy high blood pressure latley 170-90 ....158-85 every time i go in
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I had 3 pregnancies, boy, girl, girl. First one, my son was an overdue very overdue labor over two weeks late ending in an emergency csection, I was hospitalized with an infection and fever for over a week wiped out for almost two months recooperating. My second baby was a girl scheduled section a few days before her due date. My third baby was also a girl.

The day before that scheduled csection in the final ultrasound that helped determine her maturity for birth a few days before her csection, the tech said I was having strong contractions BUT I couldn't even feel them!! She said to be prepared that the baby might come and I could be back in labor before her next day scheduled section. I never felt those contractions with my third baby and she was born scheduled section the next morning. All three were worth my own infection and sections - they're pretty grown now and great!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Hi again. With my son, my first. At the end my blood pressure was very high too and I was swelling from retention. I had to lay on my left side to help my kidneys and avoid specific foods to try to lower it to avoid toxemia. Are you supposed to do any of that? If not maybe it's nerves with upcoming delivery. Hope you feel better!! Congratulations!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• thanx....im a lil stressed with the whole thing and i also have a 20 mo to keep up with...i had 2 vag. births so far with no real complications, im just wondering if this one is likley to come sooner or mabie quickly
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• just from people i know who have gone to 41 weeks with their 3rd or 4th, i would say no. but just becuase of that doesn't mean you have to be induced. going to 42 weeks is completely normal. good luck ;)
    Anonymous