My daughters birthday party

ok well we invited all of my daughters friends from school and we left the invites on the table where you sign in... the party is next Saturday and all the invites were gone by day 3 of being there but only 1 person RSVPed but her teacher said other parents MIGHT be coming... i dont know what to do should I cancel since only 1 RSVPed or keep the party going for next Saturday?

Merediths_Mommy

Asked by Merediths_Mommy at 1:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think you should still have the party. Some may show up even though you said RSVP. Just plan for a smaller party. See if some other children may be able to attend, such as cousins or friend's children. Even though you were hoping for an all out class party, lower your expectations. That way, if more show up~it will be a nice surprise. Tell your child that a few friends are coming, don't plug the "everyone from your class" line because children at this age are too young to understand not everyone is able to join.
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 1:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Emily Post would probably say it isn't very good manners to not RSVP and I agree. However you can not make people do anything. I would have the party still. It's about your daughter not them. Besides people tend to show up at parties without RSVPing all the time.
    missbrittani

Answer by missbrittani at 1:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2009