Percentage of Weight Loss

This may not sound all that important, but I am curious what ideas you may have. In Weight Watchers, there is a recognition for losing 10% because of the added health benefit. Now, that I have that, I want to set my next mini-goal because I still want to lose 80-100 pounds more. So, should I figure what is 20% of my starting weight or the next 10% down from where I am now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I would keep going with the 10% from where you are now. It'll keep the intervals equal. For example--- if you started out at 200lbs and wanted to get down to 140lbs, losing that 20lbs to get from 160 to 140 is a much larger pecentage of your body mass than that first 20lbs. It will also likely take longer- which would be frustrating for me.
    I vote for 10% of your new weight! and Congrats on the weight loss!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 2:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• yep, that's what I was thinking initially! ; ) Thanks
    pianonightstars

Answer by pianonightstars at 8:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2009