Can you start to dialate before your mucous plug comes out?

I had my first weekly check up yesterday and my Dr. told me im starting to dialte but i havent lost the mucous plug yet!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dear you just answered your own question.  From what I've read about mucus plugs you have to dilate at least a small bit in order for the mucus plug to come out.  I would say that the Dr. is right.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• some women never have their mucus plug come out, or they don't notice it coming out, and yes you can be dilated quite a bit and then lose it :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Didn't your dr answer this question when he said that you have dilated but not passed your mucus plug?
    Anonymous

• I was in transition (about to start pushing) when I lost mine with my last baby. So I was pretty dilated!! ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2009