Dry, red cheeks

My 4 month old son's skin is fairly dry around the cheek and forehead area and his little cheeks are so red all the time. I have heard that teething will cause redness, and he is beginning to teeth. Have any of you ladies had any experience with dry facial skin? What remedies did you use?

We just started putting baby oil in his bath and it's helping tremendously with his cradle cap and other dry skin, as well as lotion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aquaphor helps too.
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 1:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• my son had that problem when he was a baby. we found out he is allergic to dairy. when he eats any dairy he get eczema spots, mostly on his checks. when he was a baby i thought it was just baby skin but i have had two more since him and they never had any skin issues. he also had bad cradle cap. i would rub oil into his scalp about 30 minutes before bath time. that gives the oil a chance to soak down into the cradle cap gunk and loosen it so it washes off more easily.

good luck!

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Vaseline works as well as most stuff on his face, especially at night. We use Aveeno baby soothing relief moisture cream and it works REALLY well - when we found it last winter I started using it as well. I absolutely LOVE it!! It claims it "soothes and relieves dry skin even dry skin from eczema."

Answer by missanc at 2:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I found one of our free samples of Aquaphor, so we tried it. We'll see! Thanks for the suggestions!
    Anonymous

• Put some coconut oil on him

Answer by rkoloms at 3:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• If the weather is cold, it could aggravate it.
    Eucerin
    Aveeno
    They all take the redness out.Gl.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2009