What's up with women who say things like this?

I know this lady and whenever you haven't heard something she has heard of, or you do something that is a little out of the norm, she calls you weird. I mentioned a snack that I had eaten the night before and it was something most people wouldn't eat and her response was "you're weird." I said it was a normal snack where I live and she said everyone who lived there is weird too. Just now she was talking to a group of women and they hadn't heard of an expression she uses and she called them a bunch of weirdos. WTH?! I can understand saying this to a friend you joke around with but to say this to people you hardly know or only have a working relationship with? IDK she bugs me anyway, I try to avoid her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Start making stuff up just to see how often you can get her to call you weird and just to see the expression on her face at something truly bizarre. Then again, I have a weird sense of humor. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I guess that is all you can do is just avoid her and hope some day she will change.
    Anonymous

• She would bug me too...
    Anonymous

• It sounds like the sort of thing where you already don't like this lady so no matter what she does you'll find it annoying. I worked with a woman once who bugged me like that. I hated listening to her on the other side of the cubicle from me. I think it's her that's bugging you more than the words.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• sounds like she is just trying to make herself feel more comfortable. She probably thinks she is being funny or cute and doesn't realize it's annoying. I would try telling her nicely how you feel and see if that helps
    missbrittani

Answer by missbrittani at 1:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• She does sound annoying. I would have replied "Yeah we're a bunch of weirdos. Watch out, you never know what we'll do next," and have a little fun with her.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Wow..I think shes the weirdo in this situation ! ahh
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 1:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• hmm she prob doesnt even realize how much she says it.. i say everything is gay. I don't mean to and its pretty stupid but i say it. HMM maybe people think i'm annoying 2!! lol
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 1:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• LOL! yea when she told me I was weird I just said "Yes I am, I don't hide it!" And i used to like her, she seemed nice but when I got to know her, I realized I don't like her much! And the ladies she told were weird said to her "Well obviously the majority of us haven't heard that so who's the weird one?" I thought that was kind of funny.
    Anonymous

• We have relatives who say this. It's irritating. Especially considering they have all sorts of strange habits. When anyone says this to me now I just brush it off because it feels like they want to start a contest or a fight or maybe they just have to be right all the time.
    Anonymous