Why be anonymous?

Seriously, why come in here and say something that is meant to insult and judge other people but not be woman enough to step up show your Screen name/avatar?
I do not mean personal questions that would be embarrassing for someone to know who you are like an issue you are having in your marriage or a medical question. I mean "All people on PA re lazy and deserve to live on the street!" type of questions. (No I do not believe that....it is just an example.)

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 1:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Proves my point. thanks.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 2:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Not all anons are how you explain. I have seen many post where people show their avatar and screen name and are just down right rude and crude as well. I just think people notice it more because of the "anon". We don't know each other anyway, so really we are all anon. I don't get what the big deal is about the anon option. Why if someone uses it they aren't woman enough.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Not everyone is like that that is anon.
    Why just pick on them ? There are people on here that are just mean bitter women that do show their pictures.
    I post anon because everytime I say anything with my pic some idiot has to say some bull shat about me just because they dont like me, Yes it is usually the exact same person too . She is made because I gave her an honest answer ( not mean at all either) and she didnt want to hear the truth. So now I post anon
    Anonymous

• why?
    as i've said before, or was it just last week (as this ? comes up continually)..because they can. CM allows is, encourages it. if they didn't, the 'anon' button wouldn't be an option.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• You just answered your own question! Because they aren't woman enough to own up to what they are saying. for the record, I am not one of those crazy, instigator anons, I do it because I am shy in real life and yes I know nobody knows me on here but it seems like I give more truthful answers this way. Plus I have friends on here who i know in real life and some stuff I don't want them to know about me!
    Anonymous

• I use anon when I am answering questions about my health or that of my family's health to protect our privacy. Whether it's vaginal discharge or if my son picks his butt, I prefer to go anon for that.
    I use anon when I talk about whether or not I shave my schnizz..TMI is TMI.
    I will use anon in other sections, particularly Politics because there is a clique of women who gang up on the dissenting opinions.
    Also, what is the difference between going anon and setting your profile to private? How do you know it is not a side account? Because there is a screenname and a picture of a dog they are real?
    For the record, I am never rude with my answers. I don't troll these boards and give a rude comment or ask an asinine question. I just prefer to be private.
    And because I gave so much info about myself, I shall remain anon in this answer lest my cover is blown.
    Anonymous