Why did 1 of 8 girls get pregnant at Robeson High?

800 girls in the school and 115 are pregnant or have had babies..

These girls have all recieved sex education ..

What do you think the problem might be? What might help?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 2:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think the reason this happened is Obama's fault.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, its becoming socially acceptable- and in some places even popular to be a teen mom. The breakdown in some of the barriers is good (its easier to stay in school and still be a parent these days, for example), but the general widespread idea that its "OK" is catching. While many teen parents are good parents reality is much harder than the glorified images of the media.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 2:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Another pregnancy pact??
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think there alot of girls out there who still think it is "cool" to be a teen mom and "babies are cute and I want one." Or they see another teen get pregnant and are jealous of the attention they receive and want that too. It's sad really, that there are so many girls out there like this. They don't see sex as a big deal. It's hard to say without getting into their heads.
    Anonymous

• Lack of morals and self respect being taught from home. Being taught the fundamentals of sex isn't enough to keep teens from having sex. When people in general see safe sex as ho-hum and not teaching that abstinence and waiting til marriage then you'll have generation after generation who won't see that along with a sexually active lifestyle comes consequences, emotional, physical and mentally.

Anonymous

• A lot of teens nowadays are not given direction or a sense of identity by their community (and parents of course). I work downtown and I hear from teens that if only the city gives the teens something to do, then less teens would get into trouble. The way I see it, opportunity is there only for those who pursue it, but not enough parents are showing their teens the direction to pursue those opportunities (and so forth their indentities or lack of). Very sad! Parents need to get involved with their teens.
    Anonymous

• THAT'S the legacy Obozo left behind, no hopes for the future, no changes from their pitiful past, and yes we can attitudes towards sex.
    Anonymous

• The cover of a teen magazine next month has a pregnant teenager on it. I think, Teen Vogue?
    Anonymous

• ANON - 2:36 are you really saying that this is Obama's fault? Come on....
    Anonymous