Ok this is kinda embarrassing

This is really embarrassing for me to ask but I have to know. With my first and now this pregnacy ive had really strong smelling urain. Ok to be real it smells horrible! I drink tones of water but it dosent matter. Im going to ask my doctor about it on my next vist but i just wanted to know if anyone else had experinced this or had any answere as to what may be going on.

jada2514

Asked by jada2514 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm...I can't remember. Definitely ask your doctor. Maybe it's a UTI or yeast infection? There are yeast infection kits to test for it. Maybe your sense of smell is just uber strong (you are pregnant-ha).
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 2:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Yes it could be from prenatals? or, once I had this and I kept thinking it was my pee that smelled bad, but I actually had a uterine infection- it's no big deal really, she said it's really very common due to anything foreign entering the vagina (soap, bathwater, ect) So def. ask your doctor, it should really be fine though. Good luck:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• iv had a yeast infection before and it has an unpleasant smell. although i dont think it was my urine, but my vajayajay. If what you have is a yeast infection, its easily cured. No need to worry. But you first need to identify the problem. Instead of waiting, why not just give your dr a call and ask him/her over the phone? He might ask you to come in, or it might just be something small that you can change yourself.
    Dazey18

Answer by Dazey18 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Even though my sense of smell is strong i know its not that because my husband tells me the same thing
    jada2514

Answer by jada2514 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My urine smells really really strong with this pregnancy. I dont remember my urine smelling stronger with my first pregnancy though. Im not sure what would cause it.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I had a UTI after birth I let it go because the only symptom was a bad smell in my urine. You need to let the Dr' know.
    Anonymous

• I have the same thing going on and I'm 17 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. I blame it on the prenatals. Your urine puts out the extra vitamins your body doesnt absorb or need, thus making your pee stink. My prenatals also make my pee really yellow, even when I am hydrated.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 3:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• my guess would be prenatals...? i started multivitamins a couple months ago for TTC and now i started prenatals now that i am pregnant. my urine has been bright yellow from the vitamins but not smelly.
    Anonymous