The Wild Thing Is In My House!!!!

I made plans with my parents to take my boys to see Where The Wild Things Are. It opened today and my boys have been begging to go. DH made it clear that he did not want to go. No way No how.

It cost me $54 to reserve everyone's tickets online but it is easier than standing in line forever with 3 kids besides, it is rainy today and will make it a lot harder to wait in line.

Now DH is mad about 2 things. First he says that I should not have wasted the money on a ticket for our 4 yo. He says that he is just too young to take to the movies and he is pissed that I went ahead and purchased everyone's tickets with our Credit Card. Mom and Dad Say they will pay me back so I don't see what the big deal is, but he says that he has every right to be mad until they hand me the cash.

I think he is being totally childish. I am most upset though that he thinks I should leave my 4 yo home with him. I will not leave him behind. Continued

JEAmom3

Asked by JEAmom3 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mostly just venting but heres the question. Does his tantrum sound childish to anyone else? He is acting almost like he feels left out. I asked him to come several times and he says no. I think he wants me to leave 4 yo to keep him company tonight!
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think a 4 yr old is plenty old enough to go to the movies. he should only care about the money if you dont have it to spend...is this the real problem?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• he sounds like a damn 2 yr old. really there are more things to be pissed off about. 4 is not too young.

Anonymous

• Send him to his room to throw his tantrum and sulk. Yes, his reaction is entirely shildish. We took my grandson to see CARS when he was 3 and he can recite it verbatim. Tell your husband to grow up. It isn't like you take them to the movies every week, right?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Maybe he should see the movie. Tell him if he doesn't your sending him to bed without any supper,lol!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No GrnEyedGrandma, this is the first time I have been to the movies with my boys in almost a year. Him and I took the two oldest in Jan or Feb to see Monsters Vs Aliens in 3D. I was looking forward to getting out with my boys but he is putting a damper on my excitment.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Sounds like my DH...went through a similar thing when we went to see cloudy w/a chance of meatballs---i told him the ticket would just go to waste he he may as well just go...he went LOVED it--wont admit it but he did
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• ria7. No he isn't upset because we didn't have the money to spend. He is upset because He says that I shouldn't pay for my parents. I told him that it was just easier to buy all the tickets at once and that they will pay me back but he is just having a tantrum.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• sounds like he has changed his mind about going and feels left out now. Of course, he won't admit that. He said he didn't want to go so now just for the sake of his pride, he won't go and he'll miss out. Oh well.. get excited anyways! Get the kids all dressed up and make a big deal of it, and make sure you talk about it all night afterwards. J/K, but really, if he's gonna play childish games maybe you should get back at him somehow.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• What you are doing with your children is one of those Master Card "priceless" moments. I am wondering if you are excited about sharing something with your boys that you loved as a kid, anyhow, not sure. Since he choose not to go, he is missing the point.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2009