Any tips for a small and intimate wedding?

I'm newly engaged and I want a simple elegant small wedding a reception, any tips?
Wedding planning is so overwhelming!!

BlessednHappy

Asked by BlessednHappy at 3:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• its all about who you invite! only the people you care about. have romantic lighting.. you can make anyplace romantic with good lighting! :-) we eloped to hawaii. got married on the beach just the two of us. spent all of our money on the honeymoon. no regret at all!
    donnamama

Answer by donnamama at 7:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• We went to the Justice of the Peace and then had a big pool party. It was really nice for us...I couldn't handle the whole wedding planning thing and we have a small family anyway. Plus, we got to save the $$ and use it to put a down payment on a house...I'd personally much rather have a nice house than a big one day event. Just me though.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• We had a small wedding at my families house with a wonderful party afterwards. We only spent like maybe 1000 bucks on the whole thing but everyone had a great time and that is what counts to me.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Elope. Then you only have to please yourselves and everyone will be suprised equally. The problem with the small wedding is who NOT to invite, and then you get hurt feelings and all that.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• That is a good idea. Elope then if you want to celebrate with family and friends then have a party afterwards or you don't even have to do that. It's your day to do with it as you wish.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Yeah, elope. I spent almost a year planning our wedding and things still didn't go as I wanted. Get a nice dress and tux, go to the courthouse, and then let everyone know later, maybe leave a "note" telling your parents that you are eloping for them to find after it's done. Then let someone else plan the party, your mom or his, maybe.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• We met at Shoreline Village....near the Queen Mary, and got married right there on the marina, between the picnic tables where we had met. We had only our parents and siblings there. Then we had a party at our home that evening. We rented tables and chairs very affordably, set the tables with candles and flowers in small vases, and had a buffet meal. We spent about $2000, that included our wedding clothes, flowers, cake, food, alcohol, tables and chairs, decorations, photos, everything.
    It was very intimate, and beautiful.

Congratulations, whatever you do, enjoy your day.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Thanks!
    BlessednHappy

Comment by BlessednHappy (original poster) at 9:40 PM on May. 27, 2011