Could I be allergic to my cat?

Is it possible I could be allergic to my cat I pick her up to cuddle with her and I rub my face on her mainly her side of her face to mine and alittle of her body I love her so much then I put her down and a few minutes later that part of my face becomes very itchy..if I am allergic why am I not sneezing and having watery eyes.

I hope I am not allergic to her :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pets

• There's various forms of allergic reactions, it doesn't always have to be the "typical" symptoms.
    If this isn't your first time doing it, or with a cat in general, then chances are you're not allergic. She might've rubbed up against some poison ivy or just gotten into something that affected you.
    If she's not keen on baths, I would try some dry shampoo and a long brushing session.

Take some Benadryl as well if it's really getting to you.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009