Any ideas on how to make a card box?

I'm having my daughter's birthday party in two weeks and I would like to make her a card box. I know it's probably really simple, but I am looking for some ideas and suggestions!!! Thanks!!!

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• What do you mean a card box? Something to store her birthday cards in? You could decoupage a shoe box, an inexpensive cardboard box from the dollar store or even a wooden box from the craft store. Just get yourself some decoupage medium (gluey type stuff from the craft store), some fancy coordinating paper...rip the paper into different size pieces and start gluing... you just dip your paint brush into the decoupage medium and paint it over top of the pieces of paper. You can add in sayings, her name, happy birthday (print it on your computer or rip from a card). If you wanted, you could even wait until after her birthday and use the actual cards instead of paper to decoupage...then she'll have a keepsake storage box from her birthday with all of her friend's cards featured on it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2009