How can I make my 3 year old do better in Preschool?

My 3 year old started preschool early and I don't know how to make it better for him.

mommy2009189

Asked by mommy2009189 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what do you mean by better? Is he afraid to go? if this is the case get in, drop him off, quick kiss, get out....the more you linger the worse it will be, i guarantee five min after you leave hes probably fine!
    If you mean like academically dont worry bout it...alot of towns dont even have preschool, mine doesnt....so your kid wont fall behind! think of this as a head start towards kindergarten.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• You can't MAKE it anything. You can HELP him adjust by addressing his problems/challenges he's having with school and talk to him. Talk about whatever his "issues" are, talk to his teachers too.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you just let him be a 3 year old CHILD and have fun in school. If there is a problem the teachers will let you know. Do NOT push him, do NOT force him to do anything. He has plenty of time to learn what he needs to enter Kindergarten. Let him get the socialization that is much more important than the academics at this age.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009