• In the Spotlight:

What can i feed my baby to get rid of gas and constipation?

just switched to formula. He was 1/2 and 1/2 breastmilk and formula. now all formula for 2 days and he has not slept and cries. poops only 2X a day where he was pooping every feeding. on Similac advance with iron milk based. before he was on good start but he had diarrhea with good start. want to breastfeed but nipples burn so bad. he feeds for 40 minutes and my nipples are on fire. i guess i do not make enough. because he will feed 2 hours if i let him. he constantly is hungry on the boob. with formula he will finally be satisfied at least. please please help.

LuiggiValentin

Asked by LuiggiValentin at 5:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 40 min each side......
    LuiggiValentin

Answer by LuiggiValentin at 5:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• mylicon http://www.mylicon.com/
    Anonymous

• breastmilk. You may have an infection in your breast call you doctor.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 5:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Oh I just read your other question, 1 month olds are suppose to eat every 2 hours.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 5:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• try some gripe water, its all natural and can work wonders, I get mine at rite-aid i think u can get it at any pharmacy.... and you can get little tummys (thats the name brand) it is the same exact thing as mylicon, same ingredients, same amount, same everything, except a different name, and little tummies is like 7 bucks cheaper or something.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• he is pooping enough... breastfed babies poop more (up to everyfeeding) than formula fed babies... try the mylicon... it helps with y dd's gas, and she likes the taste
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 6:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Stop switching the food and go back to all breastmilk. As you can plainly see it is very uncomfortable for baby. I understand you are uncomfortable too but which would you rather see, you being treated for a treatable infection or thrush or a babyhood (possibly lifetime problems) of discomfort from the pain of formula use? Go the extra mile (contact a doctor / check kellymom.com and get treated) your baby deserves at least that. Good Luck to you and baby!  YOU CAN DO IT!!

Anonymous

• Try adding Mylicon to his formula. It'll dissolve all the bubbles, and for my son, it has really worked with the gas. I pump and feed him breast milk, but occasionally have to give him formula bc I am not producing enough milk. I've added it both and it really has helped.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Switch formula. We used Enfamil Gentlease for my daughter cause we had the same problems...the formula did the trick. The mylicon drops also work
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 11:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I'd change formulas.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2009