Best double stroller?

I have a 2 yr old and will have a newborn in August but want a stroller I can use with both now and later?
I have seen the phil and teds stroller and it looks neat (expensive,but neat)
What can you all recommend?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't know which brand you should buy... I'm in the market for a double stroller also. But I do know that a front/back stroller is a lot easier to maneuver around stores than a side-by-side stroller. Good luck.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Valco Runabout twin is a pretty good stroller. I purchased the 2005 model a couple years back used (found on Craigslist). No one locally sold it. It's all-terrain and stands up to the snow we get here. I can get through most standard doors with it, and it turns on a dime. The way I have to store it on it's side caused more damage on one side than would probably be typical. It's a very heavily used stroller.

I hear good things about Baby Jogger's City double and Mountain Buggy's Urban Double. I didn't like the fabric on the MBUD. The Valco's seems more plush. I think they all take a carseat on one side with an adapter.

I disagree about the front/back being easier in stores. It was like driving a limo through an obstacle course. You don't turn as easily. I have a tandem stoller as well as a side by side. The tandem stays folded up 98% of the time.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Also, if you can try them out with your toddler and an extra weight you will get a better feel for them, besides just looks. It's worth it to spend more on the stroller that is easy to push with all the weight, and the seat weight limits will be important as the toddler gets bigger.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2008