What's the stupidest/most embarrassing thing you've ever said to someone?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 5:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was a single parent for awhile and I was lamenting to my cousin about finding a nice, stable family man. I spewed out "What man is going to want a woman with a kid?" She happened to be....a single mom with 2 kids! I felt like an idiot the minute the words came out. Another time I was telling my friend that my cousin's girlfriend had gotten pregnant because they didn't use bc since her Dr told her she couldn't get pregnant. Again, the words came tumbling out of my mouth and I said something about people being stupid for not using BC because they were told the girl couldn't get pregnant. Guess how her son was conceived? Yep! She thought she couldn't get pregnant, so she wasn't using BC! Sometimes I forget to turn on my brain filter.
    Anonymous

• I am in my forties, my youngest was 6 at the time and a friend (whose youngest was also 6 and was in her forties) told me she was pregnant and I was like, OMG I am sorry (for me it would not be a good thing) she then told me they have been trying for a while to get pregnant, I felt like such an idiot. Since we were the same age and had our youngest just off to school, I thought she would be bummed. I learned big time from that. Luckily she is not a hung up kid of person and was not mad. Honestly, to this day when I see her the baby (now 5) , I feel guilty!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• lol wildboyz that is funny!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I asked a not pregnant woman if she was pregnant. In my defense, she was pregnant, a lot. We were co-workers. She was hired pregnant. She went on maternity leave and came back pregnant with the next one. She went on maternity leave again and didn't return to work. I saw her in Target a year later wearing a shirt cut like a maternity shirt with a handful of kids, and I asked if she was pregnant again. Luckily, she's really nice and didn't bite my head off. I apologized over and over and will now never say anything to a maybe-pregnant woman unless she tells me that she is.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• LOL Pnukey! I can't remember where I heard it but a comedian once said "Never ask a woman how far along she is unless you can actually see the baby coming out!"
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• LOL nmmama!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I asked my husbands sisters husband is he got a vasectomy.

Why didn't I just ask his sister? lmao
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 6:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I told a girl she looked better as a civilian while we were both in basic training. What I meant was she looked happy as a civilian... Wow... So that sure was a tasty foot...
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 6:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• At a formal military function I called a 2 star general (who was the guest of honor) by the name of another general. I was so embarrassed. He was very sweet though and made a cute joke about people always getting him and his buddy confused because they are both so darn good looking. Then everyone laughed at his joke and I was so glad the attention was turned away from me. What a class act he was! He's passed away now.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 6:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Well, ...i was in Korea visiting my husband (military) and we were at the local corner store off base. I saw some slimfast items and i said ...kind of loudly "why in the hell would they have slimfast in Korea? No body in Korea is fat!" ...and then i turned around to see who had stepped in line behind me ...and YEP! it was a fat guy! lol
    Luckily, the fat guy was not Korean. ...so maybe he didn't take offense? lmao.

(i have nothing against overweight people. my mom was overweight for years. ...but the fattest asian i've ever seen does not compare to overweight americans ...)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2009