Epidural

I had an epidural when i had my baby and the girl who started to do it was new and had to take it out twice before someone else came and did it. But what i was wondering if anyone has back pain for a while after. I can't even stand by the changing table to change the baby's diaper without being in pain. Anyone else have this happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't do an epidural because of the risks/side effects. Docs will try to tell you your back pain has nothing to do with the epidural, but I have heard of LOTS of women having pain after epidural, like your'e having. Hope it gets better!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Back pain after labor is totally normal, as well as tummy pain, and breast pain, and bottom pain....all in all, it's a bit of a cruel joke that you're in so much pain afterwards.

Think of other shots you've had (I'm sure you can remember that some soreness is normal) yours may be worse with all the nurses ooopses - I know when I've given blood the soreness in the arm was worse when a nurse messed up...and almost non-existent with a good nurse.

Anyway, for what it's worth, most find the pain goes away with a little bit of time.
    Anonymous

• my back hurt for a week after while standing or sitting up for too long i guess that why they tell you to rest after wards
    Anonymous

• Yes, I had three tries for my first baby and the epidural site hurt for like a month. I think the tissue gets bruised on a deep level. Did you see the needle?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• The dr hit my back bonewhen they did my epi with my third child. It hurt for like 2 months after. I didn't have one with my fourth b/c of it and will not ever have one again.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No I didn't see the needle I hate them lol. And thanks all
    Anonymous