Do they have to pay him his vacation pay?

My DH has over 4 weeks of vacation pay due him. He's been at this job for 24 years. But has been laid off since January. With little chance of returning! 24 years of his life! Others that are in his situation says the company does NOT want to pay it! The Union Rep. says they have to. But the guy that said it is now working with the union. Its due him and owed him. They do have to pay. Right? Any steps to be sure it happens? Its been a real rough year here. Thank you for understanding. Any good tips are truly appreciated. Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 5:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think they do. Its either they have to pay vac or sick day accrued. I cant remb exact which one.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the companies policies and the contract with the union.

Good Luck!!!! I hope he gets it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• we had same situation. He was let go 2 hours before he would have been due for Christmas pay and had 2 weeks vacation due as well. Received neither.
    Anonymous

• He needs to file a claim with the state department of labor.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009