Cramping Postpartum?

So, I had my daughter on October 4 & ever since then I've had cramping. I know a lot of it is normal, especially seeing I'm BFing, but lately it's been getting worse. It happens random times during the day (not while BFing) that I get the WORST cramps I've ever gotten... they actually make me double over, cry & make me unable to walk. I don't think it's the usual "uterus going back down to size"... it's debilitating. Any ideas? Should I just suck it up and go to the Dr??

nrich

Asked by nrich at 5:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Health

• I was gonna say breastfeeding, but after reading the whole post Id say go to the doctor.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• You should go to the dr. I did have terrible cramps, to the point I couldn't walk, postpartum but they were only with my period. I started having periods just 6 weeks postpartum (even though I was breastfeeding) and the cramps are horrible. If you aren't having a period, I would call your dr right away. If you had a c-section I would go to the ER>
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Yeah, I just had my daughter almost 2 weeks ago, so no period... just lochia still (sorry if TMI). I had a normal vaginal delivery so no c-section either. I may just suck it up & try to get an appointment before my 6 week check up. It's just hard b/c the hubby leaves for work at 1230 & we only have one car... so we have to get everything done before 1200 & that's hard to do when he has Dr's appts every week!!!
    nrich

Answer by nrich at 5:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2009