is anyone NOT getting the flu shot?

a lot of women I know have been getting the flu shot- a bunch just got it yesterday. Personally I'm not a fan of shots for me or anyone so I'm not getting it. Of course I'll prepare myself for flu season, like I'll stock up on anti-viral kleenex and hand sanitizer and make sure to wash hands a lot, but I'm thinking the flu shot is not necessary. What else is everyone doing to get ready for flu season?

DCchick06

Asked by DCchick06 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Health

• No flu shot for me. Did you see the woman on the news who had a horrible, long term reaction? Seizures for life and lost thirty percent mobility. Rare.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• not getting the shot. But if you get one, only get the shot do not get the one the goes up your nose. That has the live virus. if you get that one do not go around people. That is a good way to spread it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I never get flu shots. I don't think you could pay me enough to convince me to get the H1N1, either. I'm not getting the regular shot because several people in my family (including myself) have had very negative side effects from it. Anyway, I'm pretty much doing the same thing you're doing to get ready.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• no i didnt see that article! that is so crazy about the woman having a seizure from the flu shot - not to mention scary! I think it is probably even scarier for kids in school- viruses spread so fast around there! a lot of schools are giving out flu shots, but I'm glad at least some schools are loading up onother stuff -- this article in the washington post talks about a school that is really hardcore gearing up for flu season wtih tons of sanitizer, germ-x, and kleenex: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/16/AR2009091603551.html
    DCchick06

Answer by DCchick06 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i never get the flu shot and i never really get sick anyway. i just do common sense things like wash my hands cough in my arms etc...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Just about everyone I know...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• None of us have ever gotten a flu shot.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• None of us will be getting it! We're just keeping ours hands/house sanitized and praying for the best
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I'm getting it for the first time this year, but only bc I have a 3 week old son that would be in danger possibly if he contracted it. I don't want to possibly get it and give it to him. Plus, it's worth 25 dollars not to have the flu, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No flu shot for us either. EVER! We are a vax free house!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2009